Senior Data Strategist, Data + InsightsLA or NYC
Movement Strategy is an independent social-led creative agency with a focus on digital marketing initiatives through the combined use of strategic creative and a deep knowledge of the latest social features and digital trends. Now at its 10-year tenure, Movement produces groundbreaking work for partners including Under Armour, Amazon Prime Video, Warner Bros., Netflix, TruTV and Punch Bowl Social.
We’re in search of a Senior Data Strategist (5-6 years experience) to join our LA or NYC office. The right fit will be a leader with deep experience in social, a strong communicator in internal and client-facing capacities, and most importantly, able to craft stories using data that lead to strategic insights that truly impact the business of high-profile clientele.
We work closely with leading brands that span across a variety of industries and global markets. Delivering business results through bespoke creative and unexpected collaborations, rooted in strategy and data, is what drives our continued success. We believe in true partnership, team collaboration, non-stop hustle, and a good whiteboard session. We take great pride in a company culture grounded in the entrepreneurial spirit and personal growth. We’re a group of passionate creative thinkers here, with a point of view and fresh perspective.
You’ll be an excellent fit if you’re able to lead junior team members as well as lead cross-department initiatives, you understand (and have strong opinions on) the best metrics for evaluating social success (and you’re able to be honest and tactically deliver social misses), and you’re not afraid to dive into the work of down-and-dirty data evaluation. On any given day you might be working with the creative team (communicating optimizations to make the work better); the business strategy team (working closely to use data to shape brand strategy); the project management team (leading data-driven projects) and the internal leadership team (helping to shape the department moving forward). What will be a constant is leading both ongoing reporting and strategic thinking for the agency.
You’d be reporting to the Director of Data and Insights and joining a team that includes Social Data Strategists and Social Data Analysts to support and share insights across accounts and responsibilities. You’d also be working extremely closely with a world-class paid media team to analyze the paid media impact on every brand we work with.
- Critically analyzes the unique consumer, cultural implications, client categories and the companies we’re working with through quantitative and qualitative measures
- Leads and mentors junior team members to continually improve upon data analysis and strategic implications
- Knowing current and emerging digital platforms better than everyone else you know, including best practices and trends that are integrated into strategic recommendations and reports
- Creates work that distills multiple sources of information into a cohesive story; works closely with all departments and generates/provides insight to all team members
- Thinks strategically about how data is presented, not just resting on a “report” but always thinking about and providing the most impactful presentation of data, no matter what that looks like
- Pushes to make everything better: yourself, your reporting, our relationships with clients and the work we’re producing
- At least 5 years in social data analysis within an agency environment
- Strategic thinker at the core with the ability to identify insights and build compelling stories from data
- Ability to creates and present client-facing work ranging from hands-on clientele to high-level C-suite
- Experience creating a compelling story from the data in each presentation, incorporate inputs from various departments, as well as presenting internally and to senior-level clients
- Deep experience in all social/digital data sources across paid, owned, and earned media (social listening, site analytics, business intelligence software, syndicated consumer research systems, native platform insights and third-party social analysis tools)
- Must be able to utilize current tools as well as drive recommendations for supplemental/replacement tools that will drive agency capabilities forward
- Tools including but not limited to: Google Analytics, Adobe Business Catalyst, Facebook Insights, Facebook Business Manager/Power Editor, Twitter Insights, Instagram Insights, Netbase, Sprinklr, Domo, GlobalWebIndex, Minter.io, RivalIQ
- Must be able to create measurement plans from scratch, including KPI definition, benchmarking, goal setting/forecasting and lead ongoing reporting, ensuring understanding and application of optimizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain high standards and impeccable attention to detail across internal and external deliverables
- On top of the latest industry trends, breakthrough creative campaigns, and emerging technologies
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You’re the hardest worker in town
- You know how to hustle
- 100% employer contribution for heath, vision and dental
- 401k plus match
- Unlimited paid time off
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn URL to email@example.com with the position title ‘Senior Data Strategist, Data + Insights (Your Preferred Location)’ in the subject line.
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Movement Strategy is a social media and digital marketing agency for leading entertainment & sports, lifestyle & ecommerce, and food & beverage brands.
© Movement Strategy 2019
© Movement Strategy 2019