Movement Strategy is an independent social-led creative agency with a focus on digital marketing initiatives through the combined use of strategic creative and a deep knowledge of the latest social features, tools and digital trends. Now at its 10-year tenure, Movement produces groundbreaking work for partners including Under Armour, Warner Bros., Netflix, TruTV, Amazon, HBO Max and Just Energy.
Our Project Managers are seasoned within the industry, highly organized, detailed orientated and dedicated to making the agency run smoother. On a day-to-day level, this means ensuring all of the team’s tasks are achieved with the highest level of efficiency and all work/projects stay on schedule and budget. From a bird’s-eye view, you’ll be constantly creating, evolving and implementing process and tools to help produce the best work. You’ll report into the Senior Project Manager, while working closely with account and creative leads.
WHATS ON YOUR MIND:
“I’ll figure out how to get it done.”
KEY FOCUS AREAS
- Problem-solving: above all, your strongest skill should be the willingness to address challenges and provide pathways to solutions. You may not readily have all the answers, but you’re the first to raise your hand and figure out how both yourself and the team can get the task complete.
- Team: you will manage multiple accounts, leading internal cross-functional teams throughout project lifecycles, including: social content, campaign development, influencer strategies, event activations, etc. You’ll be responsible for running internal team-status and always knowing where we stand with each project.
- Deliverables: you know how to dissect any project, large or small, into key phases and stages. Creating and seeing timelines through is second nature for you, and you’ll continuously look to see where the team can improve in achieving each step in a timely/realistic manner.
- Productivity: in addition to timelines, you’ll be tasked to create a scope of work and budget for your client projects and retainers. Both will require detailed collaboration with other department leads to ensure accuracy in resources and time. Once work is complete, you’ll work with the Account team to report on hours/time spent on each project.
- Client: we expect everybody at Movement Strategy to be client facing to some extent. You’ll be expected to communicate directly with clients around budget, timelines, process & deliverables. Furthermore, you’ll need a solid understanding of the strategy behind the team’s projects and be able to defend/communicate this.
- Managing daily deliverables across multiple teams
- Creating accurate timelines for all projects
- Writing SOWs for both projects and client-retainers
- Accurately budgeting resources/OOPs for projects
- Producing necessary contracts and paperwork for partner-vendors
- Developing staffing plans with department leads
- Providing clear communications to both internal and external teams
- Understanding and experience with social-digital platforms, emerging tech, website and app development, print projects, production shoots and experiential activations
- Receiving constructive feedback and revisions
- Organizing and managing multiple moving projects
- 3-5 years of post-college experience managing projects, coordinating teams, and/or other planning-related duties, preferably in the entertainment social/digital space but open to experience in other industries
- Ability to remain calm and collected in hectic situations, yet assertive when needed
- An understanding of current social/digital platforms (at least with scoping/managing projects)
- Proficient with project & time management software (i.e. Asana, Harvest, Toggl, BaseCamp, Dropbox, Trello, etc.)
- Proficient in Apple/Google/Microsoft tools
- Entertainment experience is a plus
- You make other’ jobs easier (no matter who they are)
- You are proactive, not just reactive (you see where hurdles/improvements miles away)
- You creative a positive and open environment
- You inspire others
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You’re the hardest worker in town
- You know how to hustle
- 100% employer contribution for heath, vision and dental
- 401k plus discretionary match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn URL to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title ‘Project Manager (NYC)’ in the subject line.
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Movement Strategy is a social media and digital marketing agency for leading entertainment & sports, lifestyle & ecommerce, and food & beverage brands.
© Movement Strategy 2019
© Movement Strategy 2019