Entertainment CopywriterLos Angeles, CA
Movement Strategy is seeking a copywriter (internal title) to lead ideation and copywriting across clients in our LA office with a specific focus on editorial social content. You’ll work closely with the Creative Director and Business Strategy team to pitch concepts that drive content production and write social copy including organic posts and reactive content. Elements of community management will also be a major part of this role. Ideal candidates will have a passion for the digital and social media space—and redefining the model for editorialized social content created by brands. We are looking for someone with experience helping to bring a brand voice and tone to life through two-way social dialogue, and someone who has been a content creator in the entertainment space.
Movement Strategy is an independent social-led creative agency with a focus on digital marketing initiatives through the combined use of strategic creative and a deep knowledge of the latest social features, tools and digital trends. Now at its 10-year tenure, Movement produces groundbreaking work for partners including Netflix, Under Armour, Warner Bros., truTV and Just Energy.
As a copywriter in our LA office, you’ll work closely with our Creative Director to conceptualize, write and shepherd through content. Your day-to-day tasks will including:
- Watching films and series and pitching digital editorial content
- Monitoring daily social trends for reactive content opportunities
- Responding to and cultivating conversations on content to grow an engaged community
- Writing captions for social channels including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
- Conceptualizing on larger, campaign-level ideas and content
REQUIREMENTS (Can be interchangeable with qualifications)
- 3–5 Years of Relevant Experience
- Minimum one year agency experience preferred
- Strong conceptual writing as well as screenwriting skills
- Strong comedic writing experience; you can find the humor in anything
- Thorough understanding of social platforms and their strengths
IDEAL QUALITIES (Can be modified)
- You’re a voracious TV and film watcher; you’re always up on the next new show
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital and social space, constantly looking for opportunities
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You know how to hustle
- 100% employer contribution for heath, vision and dental
- 401k plus match
- Paid vacation and sick
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits (add for NYC only)
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn URL to LAJobs@movementstrategy.com with the position title ‘Entertainment Copywriter, Los Angeles’ in the subject line.
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Movement Strategy is a social media and digital marketing agency for leading entertainment & sports, lifestyle & ecommerce, and food & beverage brands.
© Movement Strategy 2019
© Movement Strategy 2019