Data StrategistNew York, NY
Movement Strategy is in search of a Data Strategist (3-5 years experience) to join our New York office. The right fit will be a strategic thinker who has a deep familiarity with social/digital metrics, sources, and software – and is able to use all diverse inputs to create an actionable and client-facing data story that will drive our clients and our agency forward.
We’re a social-led full-service creative agency with offices in NY, Denver, and LA. We work closely with leading brands that span across a variety of industries and global markets. Delivering business results through bespoke creative and unexpected collaborations, rooted in strategy and data, is what drives our continued success. We believe in true partnership, team collaboration, non-stop hustle, and a good whiteboard session. We take great pride in a company culture grounded in the entrepreneurial spirit and personal growth. Here at Movement, we’re a group of passionate creative thinkers, with a point of view and fresh perspective.
As an ideal candidate, you should be well-versed in all aspects of digital strategy, from being able to pull data from a variety of sources, all the way up to presenting the most important story to C-Suite level clientele. You’re able to work closely across departments, including but not limited to: the creative team (communicating optimizations to make the work better); the business strategy team (working closely to use data to shape brand strategy); the project management team (leading data-driven projects) and the internal leadership team (shaping the department moving forward).
Above all, you know data, but you also know how people react to data, and you’re able to prepare the right reporting for the right people so it’s moving our work forward at every level, every day.
— Strategic Thinking: Critically analyzes the unique consumer, cultural implications, client categories and the companies we’re working with through quantitative and qualitative measures; thinks strategically in the ways data is presented and doesn’t rest on just a “report” but provides the most impactful presentation of data, no matter what that looks like.
— Deep Understanding: Knows current and emerging digital platforms better than everyone else you know; collates and references best practices; builds reporting that goes deep on what clients and team members need to know.
— Holistic Mindset: Creates work that distills multiple sources of information into a cohesive story; works closely with all departments and generates/provides insight to all team members.
— Drive for Results: Has a strong internal push to make everything better: yourself, your reporting, our relationships with clients and the work we’re producing.
- At least 2 years leading data strategy within an agency environment; alternatively 3-5 years experience in data/analytics in either agency or in-house environment
- Strategic thinker at the core with the ability to identify insights and build compelling stories from data
- Experience creating a compelling story from the data in each presentation, incorporate inputs from various departments, as well as presenting internally and to senior-level clients
- Deep experience in all social/digital data sources across paid, owned, and earned media (social listening, site analytics, business intelligence software, syndicated consumer research systems, native platform insights and third-party social analysis tools)
- Must be able to utilize current tools as well as drive recommendations for supplemental/replacement tools that will drive agency capabilities forward
- Tools including but not limited to: Google Analytics, Adobe Business Catalyst, Facebook Insights, Facebook Business Manager/Power Editor, Twitter Insights, Instagram Insights, Netbase, Sprinklr, Domo, GlobalWebIndex, Minter.io, RivalIQ
- Must be able to create measurement plans from scratch, including KPI definition, benchmarking, goal setting/forecasting and lead ongoing reporting, ensuring understanding and application of optimizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain high standards and impeccable attention to detail across internal and external deliverables
- On top of the latest industry trends, breakthrough creative campaigns, and emerging technologies
- Knowledge or application of testing (A/B, Creative/Copy) as well as advanced analytics/modeling (attribution, MMM) a plus
- Understanding of tagging/tracking implementation and automation of data capture also a plus
- A hustler and proven self-starter with the drive to succeed in a fast-paced agency environment
- Proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities
- Passionate about the work you do, always treating the client’s business as if it were your own
- Positive thinker whose optimistic outlook is contagious to everyone around them, clients included
© Movement Strategy 2018
© Movement Strategy 2018