Data Analyst, Data + InsightsDenver
Movement Strategy is an independent social-led creative agency with a focus on digital marketing initiatives through the combined use of strategic creative and a deep knowledge of the latest social features, too
ls and digital trends. Now at its 10-year tenure, Movement produces groundbreaking work for partners including Under Armour, Warner Bros., Netflix, TruTV, and Just Energy.
We’re in search of a strategic Data + Insights Analyst (2-3 years experience) to join our Denver office. The right fit will be a strategic thinker who has a deep familiarity with social/digital metrics, sources, and software – and is able to use all diverse inputs to create an actionable and client-facing data story that will drive our clients and our agency forward.
We work closely with leading brands that span across a variety of industries and global markets. Delivering business results through bespoke creative and unexpected collaborations, rooted in strategy and data, is what drives our continued success. We believe in true partnership, team collaboration, non-stop hustle, and a good whiteboard session. We take great pride in a company culture grounded in the entrepreneurial spirit and personal growth. We’re a group of passionate creative thinkers here, with a point of view and fresh perspective.
An ideal candidate is able to pull data from a variety of sources, understands social metrics like the back of their hands, and is efficient in creating reports that tell a clear and actionable story to internal and external stakeholders. You’re able to work closely across departments, including but not limited to: the creative team (communicating optimizations to make the work better); the business strategy team (working closely to use data to shape brand strategy); the project management team (leading data-driven projects) and the internal leadership team (helping to shape the department moving forward).
You’d be reporting to the Director of Data and Insights and joining a team that includes Data Strategists and Senior Managers to support and share insights across accounts and responsibilities.
Above all, you know data, but you also know how people react to data, and you’re able to prepare the right reporting for the right people so it’s moving our work forward at every level, every day.
- Critically analyzes the unique consumer, cultural implications, client categories and the companies we’re working with through quantitative and qualitative measures
- Thinking strategically about how data is presented, not just resting on a “report” but providing the most impactful presentation of data, no matter what that looks like
- Knowing current and emerging digital platforms better than everyone else you know, including best practices and trends that are integrated into reporting
- Creating work that distills multiple sources of information into a cohesive story; works closely with all departments and generates/provides insight to all team members
- Pushing to make everything better: yourself, your reporting, our relationships with clients and the work we’re producing
- At least 2 years in data analysis within an agency environment
- Strategic thinker at the core with the ability to identify insights and build compelling stories from data
- Experience creating a compelling story from the data in each presentation, incorporate inputs from various departments, as well as presenting internally and to senior-level clients
- Deep experience in all social/digital data sources across paid, owned, and earned media (social listening, site analytics, business intelligence software, syndicated consumer research systems, native platform insights and third-party social analysis tools)
- Must be able to utilize current tools as well as drive recommendations for supplemental/replacement tools that will drive agency capabilities forward
- Tools including but not limited to: Google Analytics, Adobe Business Catalyst, Facebook Insights, Facebook Business Manager/Power Editor, Twitter Insights, Instagram Insights, Netbase, Sprinklr, Domo, GlobalWebIndex, Minter.io, RivalIQ
- Must be able to create measurement plans from scratch, including KPI definition, benchmarking, goal setting/forecasting and lead ongoing reporting, ensuring understanding and application of optimizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain high standards and impeccable attention to detail across internal and external deliverables
- On top of the latest industry trends, breakthrough creative campaigns, and emerging technologies
- Knowledge or application of testing (A/B, Creative/Copy) as well as advanced analytics/modeling (attribution, MMM) a plus
- Understanding of tagging/tracking implementation and automation of data capture also a plus
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You’re the hardest worker in town
- You know how to hustle
- 100% employer contribution for heath, vision and dental
- 401k plus match
- Paid vacation and sick
- Life insurance
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Movement Strategy is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the position title ‘Data Analyst, Data + Insights (Denver)’ in the subject line.
Movement Strategy is a social media and digital marketing agency for leading entertainment & sports, lifestyle, and food & beverage brands.
© Movement Strategy 2019
© Movement Strategy 2019