Movement Strategy is an independent social-led creative agency with a focus on digital marketing initiatives through the combined use of strategic creative and a deep knowledge of the latest social features, tools and digital trends. Now at its 10-year tenure, Movement produces groundbreaking work for partners including Under Armour, Warner Bros., Netflix, HBO Max, TruTV, Klarna and Just Energy.
Movement Strategy is looking for a Communications Coordinator with at least 1 year of influencer marketing or public relationship experience experience to join our Communications team in the New York office. This position will report directly to the Communications Strategist and Associate Director of Communications, and will work on a variety of lifestyle, entertainment, and consumer goods brands.
A fast-growing team, Movement’s Communications Department incorporates influencer marketing and traditional PR. We specialize in lifestyle and culture-driven media relations, brand strategy and positioning, and influencer strategies. We have a deep and passionate knowledge within fashion, street culture, entertainment, sports, technology, and consumer products, among others.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Communications Strategist and Associate Director of Communications day-to-day on all client and internal communications campaigns, which will consist primarily of influencer strategy interspersed with traditional PR. All client work will have a consumer lifestyle focus and ranges from start-up brands to global franchise brands. Internal work will focus on PR for the agency to support making Movement Strategy known through B2B pitching, awards work and thought leadership opportunities.
- Supporting the development of press materials such as press releases, fact sheets, client correspondence, etc.
- Managing, tracking and updating day-to-day client tasks, press coverage and influencer projects in a timely manner.
- Creating and maintaining media lists and influencer target lists for clients on a daily basis.
- Drafting pitches for our clients supporting news items and consumer products under the supervision of the communications strategist.
- Participating in internal briefings, creative brainstorms and strategy development.
- Being the operational lead when it comes to asset management for clients.
- Lead on reporting, analytics and recaps under the supervision of the communications strategist for clients.
- Supporting seeding opportunities and product sample trafficking for media, influencers and celebrities.
- Assisting the team in executing client, media and influencer events; interviews, conferences, etc.
- Conducting thorough research to pitch to targeted media and influencer contacts.
- Identifying and creating meaningful relationships with relevant media, influencers, and content creators on behalf of the agency and its clients.
- Support internship program.
- At least 1 year of full time or internship experience within the influencer marketing and traditional PR space. Agency experience is a plus. Consumer, lifestyle, fashion, and/or entertainment industry experience is a plus.
- Succinct communication skills—written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the industry with a proven track record in pinpointing key media titles, press editors and social media influencers/personalities; identifying story angles; writing releases and press materials
- Experience and familiarity with the evolving media landscape, social media, and emerging platforms of communication.
- Polished and professional demeanor; projects enthusiasm, confidence and collaboration towards clients and day-to-day work.
- Ability to work both in a self-directed and proactive nature, as well as collaboratively in a team-oriented, energetic, atmosphere.
- Excellent organizational skill sets with an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at the same time.
- Demonstrates keen sense of responsibility, ownership and pride in delivering quality results.
- On top of the latest industry and culture trends, and a constant desire to consume all forms of media in the appropriate fields.
- You’re a strategic and forward thinker with a foundation in traditional lifestyle/fashion PR, communications or digital marketing.
- You have an overall understanding of today’s fast paced media landscape and have a strong personal interest and knowledge of both leading and next-up influential personalities in the social media space.
- You exercise both your left and right brains, in that you are both creative and strategic.
- You are driven to change the status quo of today’s cookie-cutter marketing methods.
- You’re a skilled communicator with an inquisitive and enthusiastic attitude—ready to learn fast, absorb information fast, and implement fast!
- You’re innately resourceful when it comes to mining for information and you’re accustomed to always thinking ahead in life.
- You take pride in connecting culturally relevant and social-media driven creatives with brands—you may even embody this lifestyle outside of work and have proven relationships with your creative peers.
- You’re up to speed on current pop culture and industry trends whether it’s the latest function rolling out on TikTok and Instagram or the next big meme post-Tiger King.
- 100% employer contribution for health, vision and dental
- 401k plus discretionary match
- Ulimited Paid Time Off
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Support for continued education
- Health and Wellness program
- Commuter benefits
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn URL to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title ‘Communications Coordinator (NYC)’ in the subject line.
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Movement Strategy is a social media and digital marketing agency for leading entertainment & sports, lifestyle & ecommerce, and food & beverage brands.
© Movement Strategy 2019
© Movement Strategy 2019