Associate Account Director, Business StrategyLos Angeles, CA
Movement Strategy is looking for an Associate Director of Business Strategy to join the team in our Los Angeles office. If you’re a strategic leader with 7-8yrs+ experience (minimum of 3yrs in the entertainment space), and a proven track record successfully managing and growing large-scale accounts, keep reading!
We’re an independent social-led creative agency with a focus on digital marketing initiatives through the combined use of strategic creative and a deep knowledge of the latest social features, tools and digital trends. Now at its 10-year tenure, Movement produces groundbreaking work for partners including Under Armour, Warner Bros., Netflix, and TruTV.
Our ideal candidate is well-versed in building and leading first-class client teams, particularly within a digital agency environment, driving strategy development and big picture thinking at every turn. They bring their A-game every day, and are always one-step ahead of everyone else.
The Associate Director of Business Strategy is responsible for being a strategic partner for our clients, earning their trust and building mutually-beneficial long-term relationships. We’re looking for a passionate, results-driven professional to contribute to a growing agency as a valued thought-leader within the organization.
Managing Vision & Purpose: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire teams, business units, or organizations.
Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations work; gets things done both through formal and informal channels; effectively maneuvers through complex political situations.
Strategic Agility & Innovation: Learns quickly when facing new problems; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
Management: Anticipates future consequences and trends accurately; brings creative ideas to market; recognizes strategic opportunities for change; creates competitive and breakthrough strategies.
Drive for Results: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- At least 7-8yrs+ experience managing and growing large-scale client business and global brand portfolios, particularly in the entertainment category, within a digital agency environment.
- Comfortable interacting with clients at the Director level.
- Successful track record of pitching and winning new business.
- Experience leading all client engagements; providing strategic guidance, thought leadership, integrated plans, staffing solutions, revenue forecasts, and oversight of all day-to-day operations.
- Experience leading all aspects of account planning and digital strategy development across multiple clients and industries.
- Embody the ‘lead by example’ approach–constantly inspiring and motivating cross-functional teams to produce outstanding work. More importantly, you need to be a person that people want to work with and learn from.
- Work closely with, and support, the Director of Business Strategy to uphold department vision, manage and mentor junior team members, aid in new business as assigned, and work in a collaborative and creative manner with all employees.
- Strategic thinker at the core, supported by strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain high standards and impeccable attention to detail across internal and external deliverables.
- On top of the latest industry trends, breakthrough creative campaigns, and emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Natural born Hustler–proven self-starter with the drive to succeed in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities.
- Passionate about the work you do, always treating the client’s business as if it were your own.
- Positive thinker whose optimistic outlook is contagious to everyone around them, clients included.
- 100% employer contribution for heath, vision and dental
- 401k plus discretionary match
- Paid vacation and sick
- Short and long term disability
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- Life insurance
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn URL to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title ‘Associate Account Director, Business Strategy (LA)’, in the subject line.
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Movement Strategy is a social media and digital marketing agency for leading entertainment & sports, lifestyle & ecommerce, and food & beverage brands.
© Movement Strategy 2019
© Movement Strategy 2019