Video EditorNew York, NY
Movement Strategy is looking for a creative and driven Video Editor with 3+ years of experience to help deliver groundbreaking ideas, best-in-class social and digital executions and a passion for the advertising, storytelling and the future of social media – especially via video content.
We’re a social-led creative agency with offices in NYC, Denver, and LA. We work closely with several leading brands that span across a variety of industries and global markets. We believe that the best creative ideas are equally strategic and our continued success has been in staying ahead of a changing landscape, delivering real business results, and always pushing for more with bespoke creative and unexpected collaborations. We believe in true partnership, team collaboration, non-stop hustle, and a good whiteboard session. We take great pride in a company culture grounded in the entrepreneurial spirit and personal growth. Here at Movement Strategy, we’re a group of passionate creative thinkers, with a unique point of view and fresh perspective.
The Video Editor’s primary responsibility will be selecting and assembling video and audio materials to build a strong narrative for agency/Client branded content. This material may consist of pre-edited video clips, raw camera footage, graphics and sound. The video editor should be able to anticipate what directors, producers, and creatives want out of their work. The type of content edited will range from short and long form. (Platforms -Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Broadcast)
As the video editor, you will report directly to the Head of Production and outside of your primary responsibilities as an editor you will act as the trusted authority and technical lead on all post production projects within the agency. You will also be responsible for adhering to a streamlined post process and workflow for all postproduction video content for clients and internal projects. The editor will have a strong wealth of knowledge when it comes to the technical side of video production i.e. how to use postproduction equipment; and to be a post consultant for large scale shoots. The editor will work within several editing programs such as but not limited to Final Cut X, Premiere Pro, After effects and Davinci Resolve.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Professional experience in a high volume, high production operations environment
- Proficiency in Final cut X, Premiere Pro, Motion, After effects
- Excellent English proficiency (written and oral)
- At least 3-5 years of editing experience
- Ingest and Log media from SD/CF cards – Use proper file naming convention
- Export/Upload assets to company server and Frame.io
- QA Assets for final delivery
- Deliver final assets to Creative/Producer/Account team
- Manage our current and archival media ensuring proper backups on Content Server and Company Server
- Uphold established technical post-production workflows within production, creative, design and strive to evolve this process for the better.
- Will track progress and manage the delivery of all assets created and will follow up on outstanding deliverables, and organize, maintain duplicate copies and versioning of assets with the assistance of the Production team.
- Evaluate new IT products, production equipment, postproduction equipment and supplies.
- Will provide thoughtful advice and expertise on potential risks and issues in a wide range of asset management areas, including potential vendors, archival solutions and new technologies.
- Maintain best practice documents for video post production for the agency and assist in the roll out of plans to each department
- Maintain post production grid delivery systems, social media guidelines and aspect ratio templates/cheat sheets that the team will follow when creating content
- Provide extensive expertise in video production, motion graphics and editorial production
- Liaise with photo retouchers, designers and 3rd party postproduction for projects that have extensive elements.
- Mentor and sometimes manage post production assistants and junior post production staff
Please include with your Resume and Cover Letter:
- Subject line: Video Editor Position Inquiry
- Your reel of work/videos.
- In 150 characters or fewer, tell us what makes you unique. Try to be creative and say (or show us) something that will catch our eye!
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Video Editor Position Inquiry’ in the subject line.
© Movement Strategy 2018
© Movement Strategy 2018