Project ManagerLos Angeles, CA
Our Project Managers are seasoned within the industry, highly-organized and dedicated to making the agency run smoother. On a day-to-day level, this means ensuring all of the team’s tasks are achieved with the highest level of efficiency. From a bird’s-eye view, you’ll be constantly creating, evolving and implementing process and tools to help produce the best work. You’ll report into the VP of Operations, while working closely with account and creative leads.
What’s on Your Mind:
“I can figure out a way to get it done.”
Key Focus Areas:
- Problem-solving: above all, your strongest skill should be the willingness to address challenges and provide pathways to solutions. You may not readily have all the answers, but you’re the first to raise your hand and figure out how both yourself and the team can get the task complete.
- Team: you will manage multiple accounts, leading internal cross-functional teams throughout project life-cycles, including: social content, campaign development, influencer strategies, event activations, etc. You’ll be responsible for running internal team-status and always knowing where we stand with each project.
- Deliverables: you know how to dissect any project, large or small, into key phases and stages. Creating and seeing timelines through is second-nature for you, and you’ll continuously look to see where the team can improve in achieving each step in a timely/realistic manner.
- Productivity: in addition to timelines, you’ll be tasked to create a scope of work and budget for your client projects and retainers. Both will require detailed collaboration with other department leads to ensure accuracy in resources and time. Once work is complete, you’ll work with the Account team to report on hours/time spent on each project.
- Client: we expect everybody at Movement Strategy to be client facing to some extent. You’ll be expected to communicate directly with clients around budget, timelines, process & deliverables. Furthermore, you’ll need a solid understanding in the strategy behind the team’s projects and be able to defend/communicate this.
- Managing daily deliverables across multiple teams
- Creating accurate timelines for all projects
- Writing SOWs for both projects and client-retainers
- Accurately budgeting resources/OOPs for projects
- Producing necessary contracts and paperwork for partner-vendors
- Developing staffing plans with department leads
- Providing clear communications to both internal and external teams
- Understanding of social-digital platforms, and emerging tech
- Receiving constructive feedback and revisions
- Organizing and managing multiple moving projects
- 3-6 years of post-college experience managing projects, coordinating teams, and/or other planning-related duties, preferably in the social/digital space
- Ability to remain calm and collected in hectic situations, yet assertive when needed
- An understanding of current social/digital platforms (at least with scoping/managing projects)
- Proficient with project & time management software (i.e. Asana, Harvest, Toggl, BaseCamp, Dropbox, Trello, etc.)
- Proficient in Apple/Google/Microsoft tools
- You make other’s jobs easier (no matter who they are)
- You are proactive not just reactive (you see where hurdles/improvements happen miles away0
- You create a positive and open environment when around
- You inspire others
© Movement Strategy 2018
© Movement Strategy 2018