Communications InternNYC, NY
Movement Strategy is a full-service social media-led creative agency with offices in NY, Denver, and LA. We work closely with several leading brands that span across a variety of industries and global markets. Delivering business results through bespoke creative and unexpected collaborations, rooted in strategy and data, is what drives our continued success. We believe in true partnership, team collaboration, non-stop hustle, and a good whiteboard session. We take great pride in a company culture grounded in the entrepreneurial spirit and personal growth. Here at Movement, we’re a group of passionate creative thinkers, with a point of view and fresh perspective.This Senior Creative, Art Director will function as an integral member of our agency, working on the Creative team and collaborating closely with other Art Directors and Copywriters and our in-house Production team and Business Strategy teams to concept, develop, and execute digital, social and experiential creative. As a Senior Creative at Movement Strategy you must be a strong conceptual thinker, deck builder, and brainstorm leader—as well as willing and able to roll up your sleeves and dive into the Adobe Suite.
About the Movement Strategy Communications Team:
Movement Strategy is looking for a Communications Intern to join our New York office this Fall. A fast-growing team, Movement’s Comms. Department incorporates influencer strategy mixed with traditional PR. We specialize in lifestyle and culture-driven media relations, brand strategy and positioning, and creating opportunities for owned digital media and content to generate amplified earned media. We also specialize in bridging connections between influencers, social media personalities and content creators with brands. We have a deep and passionate knowledge within fashion, street culture, sports, technology, and consumer products, among others.
With guidance from Movement Strategy’s Communications team, the Communications Intern will end the Fall semester with an enhanced knowledge of the social media landscape, marketing tactics across a variety of industries, and the ingredients that go into developing an effective PR campaign.
The Communications Intern is responsible for supporting the Movement Strategy Communications team day-to-day on all client and internal communications campaigns, which will consist of influencer strategy and traditional PR. All client work will have a consumer lifestyle focus and ranges from sportswear and athletic brands to leading franchise brands.
- Research and identify relevant media, influencers and content creators that are mutually beneficial for the agency and its clients
- Organize, update, and maintain Master Contacts lists
- Create media, influencer, publicist, and management company outreach lists
- Assist in the development of a wide range of press materials such as press releases, fact sheets, etc.
- Manage, track and update day-to-day client press coverage in a timely manner
- Participate in internal briefings, creative brainstorms and strategy development
- Assist with seeding opportunities and product sample trafficking for media and influencers
- Research agency speaking and award opportunities, industry conferences, and B2B marketing opportunities
- Help research relevant culture, lifestyle, fashion, and industry news for client reports
- Complete a long-term Communications project over the course of the semester under guidance of Senior Communications Strategist and Associate Communications Strategist
- At least 6 months to 1 year experience in PR, editorial, marketing, and/or agency role. Consumer, lifestyle, fashion, and/or entertainment industry experience is a plus
- Familiarity with the evolving media landscape, social media, and emerging platforms of communication; knowledge and understanding of YouTube, vlogger, and Instagram spaces
- Succinct communication skills—written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skill sets with an ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong research abilities; fast learner with the desire to implement and strategize next steps
- Strong desire to learn the trade—interest in developing professional relationships with editors and social media influencers/personalities, developing media strategies, identifying story angles, writing releases and press materials, developing integrated brand campaigns
- On top of the latest industry trends, and a constant desire to consume all forms of media in the appropriate fields
- Keen eye and mentality to be able to digest varied needs across an array of clients and projects
- Passionate about learning; enthusiastic about culture including music, fashion, lifestyle, entertainment. Bonus if you like sneakers and streetwear!
- Professional demeanor; projects enthusiasm, confidence and collaboration towards day-to-day work
- A hustler and self-starter with the drive to succeed in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Naturally curious about the blurred lines of the print and digital space
- Ability to work both in a self-directed and proactive nature, as well as collaboratively in a team-oriented, energetic, atmosphere
- Resourceful thinker who always pushes for more in their work
This internship is unpaid. Interns will be provided lunch stipends for the duration of the internship, as well as college credit upon completion of term.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn URL to Communications@movementstrategy.com with the position title ‘Communications Intern (NYC)’ in the subject line.
© Movement Strategy 2018
© Movement Strategy 2018